Please browse through our website to learn more about the opportunities we offer for education, volunteering, and just plain fun sailing in the Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA area. You can also download our OWSA brochure.
We are a high-energy group that promotes education and safety on the water.
Joining is easy; click here to read more about it.
If you have any questions or need assistance during this process, please contact us at email@example.com. We'd be happy to tell you all about OWSA.
Are you a new member and want to learn about everything OWSA has to offer?
Once you are a paid member of OWSA, you can attend a Fireside Orientation gathering! Not only will you learn about the many programs and sailing opportunities available to you as a member, you’ll also meet and get to know other women, new and experienced sailors, in an informal evening gathering. Firesides are usually scheduled in the evenings, a week after the General Meetings each month; the actual date depends on the hostess. Firesides are NOT held in July (because of July holiday and picnic), and November and December (due to holidays).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to attend.
Your Next Six Months...
So, you are a new member and attended a Fireside Orientation - what's next? Hopefully you got the answers in the Fireside and made your plan; but here is what we recommend:
It depends on what you want to give and receive. Getting to know your other OWSA members is easy:
- OWSA needs you, so click here to get involved and make new sailing friends.
- Join us sailing every Wednesday in the summer. We need women sailors of all skill levels - from beginner to advanced.
- Take a class to sharpen your skills
- Join us on a cruise.
- Join us on a race. During the spring and summer months, join us for a Tuesday or Thursday night race or for the race clinic in May and June.
- Mark your calendar and join us at our monthly meetings - 2nd Wednesday of most months. Check our home page for details.
- Get to know your Board of Directors and other volunteer leads. Talk to us about how you can get involved.
- Check our online calendar for upcoming events.
- Is the ISC Scholarship or BOAT program in your future?
- Look around our website and OWSA brochure for more great ideas.
- Look around our Journal and decide what you need to do so you can submit an article about your adventures.